Pages

Saturday, April 9

Learning Journal: 4/4-4/9

MFW RtR- This week we learned about "The Birth of Islam." It was very interesting. Daddy also joined us for History this week. =)

BIBLE- We read some of Luke and the corresponding pages in Victor. We also took some time to pray for Muslims.

MEMORY VERSE- They are memorizing I Corinthians 13. This week we added verse 2. "And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."  ESV

HISTORY- I don't really like Story of the World, so I asked (on MFW forum) if there was a suitable substitution. The consensus was that there isn't. So after much research and prayer I've decided to use it anyway. This week we didn't read it though. We read the chapter about Muhammed from Famous Men of the Middle Ages. We are also reading the section on Islam from Usborne's Encyclopedia of World Religions. I made a notebook page, but we ended up not doing it - I'll explain later.

GEOGRAPHY- Map Trek v.2 Islamic Empire

SCIENCE- They are all doing some sort of science at Co-op.

MATH-

TREY- EP 1: exercises 4-6.

CALEB- IP 3A: p. 10-11. Text: p. 18-23, including Practices 2A and 2B.

REBEKAH- Lessons 13-15 and Test 2

LANGUAGE ARTS-

TREY- OPG lessons 37 & 38.

CALEB- LLATL Orange Lesson 2.

REBEKAH- LLATL Purple Lesson 3.

LITERATURE- For History we read Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp from Andrew Lang's Blue Fairy Book.Nothing like Disney's version... =)

CALEB- DaVinci chapter 7

REBEKAH- Benjamin Franklin chapter 8, Alice in Wonderland chapter 3 and Anne of Green Gables chapters 23-29. 

Back to the notebook page. They were just beginning the notebook page and we heard this terrible noise outside. I walked outside and it was hailing! Every house around here has a tin roof so it was LOUD!!

This is our house. We went to the neighbor's house when the Tornado Warning was issued. (We have no basement.)
IMAG0485

It hailed like this 3 different times over a 3 hour period. I have never seen it this big before.
IMAG0483

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that *is* a big hail stone! Glad that it wasn't more serious than hail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We had big hail like that one time, about three years ago. It blew my mind!! I hope your vehicle is OK- my husband's truck had over $4000 in hail damage because it happened on his drive to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda scary and kinda cool at the same time. I bet that was quite loud on your roof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is some big hail! We had a hailstorm like that last October - scary and cool at the same time! I linked here from the AO Year 0 group. Nice blog! :)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24