Pages

Saturday, December 5

Week 16 Highlights


MFW Blog Roll

Since we're not doing MFW I had stopped counting weeks, but I counted our days so far and it equals out to week 16. I was worried that we were behind (b/c of the baby) but it seems we're not doing too bad! (Except with Language Arts.)

HISTORY: I decided to just read through Famous Men of Greece and Rome to finish up our study of the Ancients. I wanted to get the pretty Memoria Press books, but I got a really good deal on the Greenleaf versions. We are using the online copy while I'm waiting on the actual books to arrive.

This week we read Deucalion and the Flood, Cadmus and the Dragon's Teeth, and did the corresponding notebook pages.

BIBLE: *B* and *C* are still reading John. After Christmas break we're going to start doing one of these free studies that I found.

SCIENCE: We finished Unit 1 in Christian Kids Explore Biology. Since it's starting to get cold I decided to skip ahead (the next units were plants and birds) to Unit 4: Mammals. This week we did sort of an intro and they worked on their first research project! I made a Mammal Report notebook page. We had a few books on hand, but they found of most their info on the internet. (They use KidZui to access the Internet. It only lets them access pre-approved, kid-friendly websites. For example, it will let them use Wikipedia, but block certain pages.)

LATIN: *B* and *C* finished lesson 6. I'm hoping to add Prima Latina after Christmas.

MATH:

*T* lessons 24, 25 & 26

*C* is almost finished with 2A! This week he did exercises 42-51.

*B* is working on 3A. (Standards Ed.) This week we added the use of the HIG and the Extra Practice book. Oh my! Math has gone so much more smoothly this week! The HIG has really helped me explain things so that she can understand.

LANGUAGE ARTS:

*T* started Get Set for the Code B.

*C* worked on LLATL Yellow lesson 4.

*B* worked on LLATL Orange lesson 3.

1 comment:

  1. Audrey: I think you are all doing an awesome job! Being on week 16 at this point is great (I'm on week 16 this coming week) and with a new baby-just terrific.
    I had never heard of KidZui-I'll check it out.
    I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24