Pages

Thursday, July 1

More on Cloth

We've been using cloth for about 3 weeks. I LOVE IT! I just wish I hadn't started with my last child. =)

I've made a few additions and subtractions to my stash. (See previous post.)

I absolutely HATE the Kushies AIOs. I will keep them on hand for emergencies, but you have to change the baby EVERY SINGLE TIME he pees. No forgiveness. That made me search for a better AIO for daddy to use.

I found Smartipants. They are AWESOME! Really!! And they are One Size (OS) which is even better! They have a microfiber insert and hold SOO MUCH. These are great for outings.

Photobucket

As for prefolds, I tried a Thirsties cover and just couldn't make myself like it. I wanted to, but I just couldn't. My favorite is the Econobum, a one-size cover. It took a little getting used to, but here are some pictures on how I use it with my boy. (With little girls you would want the most cloth toward the middle.)

Photobucket

Lay out the prefold.












Photobucket

Fold one side toward the middle.











Photobucket

Now the other side.












Photobucket

Fan out the top.












Photobucket

Fold the bottom inward (for maximum absorbency where needed.)










Photobucket

Place inside cover. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24