Pages

Friday, June 12

and MORE Laundry Soap

I wanted to try the liquid soap again. I really do prefer liquid, I just hated that it lumped and separated and gooped up. So, I've been experimenting.

Here's my latest concoction:
1 C. Fels Naptha
1 C. Kirk's Original Coco Castile
1 C. Washing Soda
1 C. Borax

STEP 1: Put 4C. of water on to boil. Once it's nice and hot, not necessarily boiling, add the grated soap. It melts better if you add a little at a time instead of just dumping it all in at once. Make sure it's completely melted... absolutely no lumps!

STEP 2: Add Soda and Borax to a bucket (at least 2 gallon size). Pour melted soap into bucket and stir. Once it's all completely mixed add water until your mixture reaches 2 gallons.

After 24 hours this is what it looked like.



I'll be using about 1/2 C. in each load.

I also kept about 1 1/2 C. of the mixture to use as a "stain paste." With 3 boys and a welder daddy, we have lots of stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24