Pages

Friday, July 4

Adventures in MFW ~ Week 5

We read about why the Pilgrims came to America and what happened when they got here. Then we constructed a paper house. We got the template from The Light and the Glory Children's Activity Book. (If you don't have it I highly recommend it!)



Later the baby destroyed our Plymouth Colony. I'm thinking that this is what happened to Jamestown! :)

We made oiled-paper windows. This is what the Pilgrims used, since they didn't have glass. The first paper is oiled, the second is not.


In Science, we learned about stars and constellations. I printed out constellation dot-to-dots from Enchanted Learning and Learning Page.

The last activity was sort of from MFW K. We were supposed to make a sun wall-hanging with paper plates and crayon shavings. Too much work for me. So, instead we made suns with Construction Paper - my best friend! :)



*B* picked blue so that her sun could be in the sky.
*C* picked black because the sun is in space.
*T* picked green because he wanted to be different.

We also finished reading Squanto Friend of the Pilgrims.

As far as the "other" subjects go, I implemented a "Daily Work" folder for *B* and *C*. It worked so wonderfully that I'm going to write a separate post about it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great week! The suns turned out very nicely (I'm not a big fan of crayon shavings myself!) and so did the village. Glad you got a picture of it before the destruction! :)
    I'm looking forward to reading about your Daily Work folder.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24