Pages

Monday, July 20

Home Sewn Baby Sling

First I have to get the technicals out of the way... I got the pattern and all of the instructions from here:


I bought my rings from Sing Rings, and my fabric from JoAnn Online. Hmm, it seems they are out of the fabric I bought, but the link takes you to the Snuggle Flannel, which is what I used.

Ok, the fun part! Here are some pics of my sling. :)

I wasn't using *my* machine, so I'll blame the ugly stitches on that. I put in 1 straight stitch and 3 zig zag stitches. I wanted to make sure it was NOT going to come apart.

Photobucket Photobucket

I used gold thread for sewing jeans. I wanted it to be extra strong. I did run out of thread though, I had no idea that I would use an entire spool! So the very bottom hem is dark brown.

Photobucket

Here is me wearing it. I know it's not threaded right, and the rings should be closer to my shoulder. I just put it on to model it for Mike and then he didn't believe that I could use it for *L*... if I wanted to.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Audrey: It's wonderful! The sling looks so comfy and cozy for the sweet baby.
    You did a very good job on that-love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used it with the baby the other day... I absolutely LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24