Pages

Saturday, January 5

Time For A Change

Things haven't been going badly. I just don't feel like I'm covering enough. So this is what we're doing...starting Monday. :)

KONOS: I purchased a used, older edition of Volume 1. I've already planned our first week. It's going to be so much fun!! We're starting with Obedience. The next few weeks our objective is to learn WHO to obey. 1. God, 2. Parents, 3. Other Authroities.

A Child's History of the World: Even though KONOS includes history, I think it's important to learn history chronologically. We will continue to read through CHOW, and then begin MOH 1.

Singapore Primary Math: This will remain the same. B will start 1B by the end of the week. C is progressing nicely through 1A.

B
: We're moving along in English For The Thoughtful Child 1. I would like a tad bit more teacher instruction, but I don't want to change again just yet. After she's finished we will probably start Learning Language Arts Through Literature Yellow. Her handwriting is atrocious! (wow, no red underlining I think I spelled it right :) In a few weeks we will begin Handwriting Without Tears. She wants to learn cursive so I'm going to start her there.

C: His phonics work is going well. I think he's learning more from Explode the Code than from Ordinary Parent's Guide. We'll take a break from OPG for a while and see what happens. He's also been reading Days Go By (Pathway Reader) with B.

T: We're going through a Preschool Workbook I picked up (at Staples for 50 cents!) and also Get Ready for The Code, Book A. I love the Explode the Code Primers!!

I think I've covered it all. I can't wait to see how it all pans out!


3 comments:

  1. Hey! You have a new look on your blog! For a second I thought maybe I was some place new!! lol

    Sounds like a great plan! Cant wait to see how it goes!

    Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a good time of the year for change. Your plan looks great. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great plan! And I'm glad to have read your first weekly report to see it working out!
    Lee (from the WTM board)

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24