Pages

Saturday, August 30

Homeschool Agenda 2008/9



Where to start?

Adventures in My Father's World is, what I guess would be called, our main curriculum. This is our 4th year homeschooling and I've finally found what I want to stick with. Whew!

I decided to use Exploring Creation with Zoology 1 as our science curriculum. I've always wanted to do it, and really this year was perfect to start. We will have all of the Zoology books completed and then MFW adds Astronomy and Botany.

We are using three, yes 3, Latin programs this year. We've already started Minimus and Song School Latin. Day1 is our Song School lesson with review of Minimus. Days 2-5 are new Minimus material and review of SSL. I'm planning to have them work one Latin's Not So Tough: Level 1 workbook page per day. We'll slow down if needed.

For Math *B* is using/loving Math for Christian Schools 3 by Bob Jones University Press. I hope this works for her, we've had such a hard time with math. *C* is just starting Horizons Math. I'm having him work through the 2nd first grade book. More than likely, he will start the 2nd grade books in mid October or November.

One lesson of Art Adventures at Home per week.

Language Arts has had lots of changes over the last 4 weeks. *B* and *C* are using Hillside Education's version of Primary Language Lessons. (You can download the PDF answer key for free.) Right now they are on the same lesson. I plan to keep it like that unless one of them needs to slow down. I'm trying to use a more Beechick approach to LA this year. Along with PLL, they will have copywork Monday - Thursday and on Friday dictation. I will correct spelling and grammar as needed, but there will be no formal instruction in either. Except for what is included in PLL, of course.

Kindergarten for *T* started out with My Father's World. It's just not working for us, so I bought Reading Reflex. He's also doing Horizons Math K. We will also add activities from Kindergarten at Home by VM Hillyer.

I don't have a plan for *L*. In a perfect world, he'd be a genius doing K along with his brother! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great plan for this year! Good for you rolling with the changes and finding the right fit.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24