Pages

Saturday, August 9

Adventures in MFW ~ week 7

Our first day back (after a 3 week break) was on Monday, August 4.

Like I mentioned earlier, we did start using Exploring Creation with Zoology I: Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. We are using this in addition to the Science in MFW. I still want the kids to have a broad view of science, but I think it's beneficial for everyone to "sit" on a topic for a while.

On Tuesday, we made play dough. I've tried making it before and they all flopped, so I almost skipped it. It turned out just like REAL Play-Doh!! I'm happy and the kids are happy.




I used the recipe in MFW K (like Adv. in MFW suggests). I found the very same recipe online. We will definitely be making all of the colors.

*B* is doing wonderful with BJU Math. For the first 2 chapters, she's doing 2 lessons a day since it's all review. I asked her if she likes it better than Singapore and she immediately said, "Yes!" Only time will tell.

I'm a little unsure on how I feel about LLATL. She just completed Lesson 8, but I'm starting to see where I'd have to make up some review for her. I have Primary Language Lessons, so for the next 2 or 3 weeks we're going to do that.

*C* loves CLE Math and he's doing so well. He's always been "Mr. Independent" in math, and CLE is helping him grow in that independence.

He's done about 3 lessons in CLE LA, but he doesn't care for it too much. He LOVES that it's pretty independent, but there are "too many pages, mommy." So, we'll try PLL and see what happens.

Here he is doing our Zoology experiment. You blow over top of the straw in the water, and water squirts up from it! It was pretty neat.



*T* is learning his letter sounds so well with MFW K. Next week, I'm going to try to incorporate some of the science lessons a little. He's also back to doing Singapore's Essential Math Kindergarten. He loves the book, and so far, MFW K math isn't getting his interest up.

All in all, I say it was a great first week back!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a really fun week. I'm going to check out the Play-Dough receipe you linked. My dd loves Play-Dough and she would be so happy if she got to make her own. Thanks for sharing your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! we had the same issue with LLATL but I thought it was us, my 2 sons have LD and so truly just figured it was us. We are switching math this year too, so far one has switched and he is so improved. Sometimes I think we have to mix it up to keep it fresh.
    blessings
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a great week! I love making homemade play do too. You don't have to worry about little ones eating it by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great first week back! We make the play doh here too and have for years (I double it).

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24