Pages

Wednesday, November 26

27 Reasons to be Thankful

Psalm 100
A Psalm for giving thanks.
Make a joyful noise to the Lord , all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord , he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
 
It's so hard to narrow it down to 27. Here they are, and in no particular order.
1. I am able to homeschool my children.
2. God has given me a wonderful family to take care of.
3. I woke up this morning.
4. Jesus loved me enough to take the punishment for my sins.
5. The Internet.
6. Spell check.
7. Free books online. Saving lots of money!!
8. I am in good health...
9. And so is the rest of my family.
10. My van is almost paid off!
11. Charles Alderton for inventing Dr Pepper.
12. Delirium during labor, or we'd only have one child.
13. Hot water... well, any kind of running water is great.
14. There are people strong enough (mentally and physically) to fight for what's right. Whether it be in the military or getting laws passed/changed, etc.
15. My mommy didn't marry my biological father, but that she decided to marry my daddy.
16. My daddy loved me so much that he adopted me.
17. Mountains.
18. I can see them from my house.
19. I can read, write and do 'rithmatic.
20. My Memaw.
21. My Grandma helped me to ask Jesus into my heart when I was 6.
22. God sees the overall plan to my life and guides me along the way.
23. The delete button.
24. My digital camera.
25. Space heaters and blankets.
26. A wonderful church family.
27. Miss Jocelyn, for making me think of and list a lot of things that I am truly thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, lovely list, Audrey!!
    May you have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on so many of those, including the Smokies! We must be near one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spell check - what would we do without it? LOL! Great list. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet list...I agree, it's hard to narrow it down to 27 though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #16 makes me cry happy tears. Yay for Daddy!

    I'll have to add in reading Psalm 100 to our list of traditions! What a perfect complement to do the day.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24