Pages

Sunday, October 19

Baptism at the River

I'm so proud of my babies!! *B* & *C* were baptized today!

The sermon was about baptism, since we were to have one following the service.

I can't remember exactly what his words were, but baptism was around long before Christianity. I never really thought about it before. Our Pastor said that baptism was used in all kinds of "groups" as a way to identify it's followers. Using present day as an example: If you wanted to be affiliated with a particular political party then you had to be baptized by them... to publicly show your allegiance.

Now I understand the conversation between John and Jesus much better!! John was at the Jordan River preaching and baptizing people. They then became John's followers. Well, when Jesus came down...

(Mt 3:14) ... John tried to stop Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and yet You come to me?"

John couldn't understand. He should have been baptized by Jesus. He wanted to be a part of Jesus' group, not the other way around! I get it now!

1 comment:

  1. Audrey: There is absolutely nothing better than to have your children come to know Jesus Christ as their personal saviour! There is nothing that we can teach that is anywhere near to the importance of that one thing that they need above all else.
    I am so happy for your family. I have had one child (Miranda) who has been saved and baptized and I know what a tremendous feeling that is.
    I am thrilled for B and C!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24