Pages

Tuesday, October 28

Kindergarten Reading List

I was feeling a bit inadequate after perusing a lot of the recommended Kindergarten reading lists. That prompted me to look and see what I actually have on hand.

The Little Engine That Could ~ Watty Piper
Coyote Raid in Cactus Canyon ~ Jim Arnosky
Little Loon and Papa ~ Toni Buzzeo
The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush ~ Tomie dePaola
The Wild Little Horse ~ Rita Gray
Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten ~ Joseph Slate
Momma, Will You? ~ Dori Chaconas
The Invisible Moose ~ Dennis Haseley
The Tale of Pip and Squeak ~ Kate Duke
(all of the previous came from the Imagination Library)

Harold and the Purple Crayon ~ Crocket Johnson
Goodnight Moon ~ Margaret Wise Brown
Caps for Sale ~ Esphyr Slobodkina
Moonbear's Shadow ~ Frank Asch
Whatever Happened to the Dinosaurs? ~ Bernard Most
A Tree is Nice ~ Janice May Udry
A House is a House for Me ~ Mary Ann Hoberman
The Little Red Hen ~ Paul Galdone
Are You My Mother? ~ P.D. Eastman
Go, Dog. Go! ~ P.D. Eastman
Bears on Wheels ~ Stan & Jan Berenstain

... and by Dr. Seuss:
Hop on Pop
Green Eggs and Ham
And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street
ABC
The Cat in the Hat
The Tooth Book
Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
I Can Read With My Eyes Shut

I don't feel so inadequate anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24